The QUAM Multistage Choke Valves -D/M Series is composed of Internal Plug & Cage Choke Valves (manual and actuated) specifically designed with a fully-customized multistage trim
These Valves are suitable for installation on Christmas Trees, Choke & Kill or Production/Water injection Manifolds specifically designed to handle the most critical process data and severe conditions in particular applications. They are used where high pressure drops and high fluid velocity might cause cavitation issues, high noise levels, excessive vibrations, etc.
- API-6A (Up to PSL-4)
- PED 2014-68-EU
- ATEX 2014-34-EU
- MACHINERY DIRECTIVE 2006/42/EC
Download the tech bulletin
- Trim Design - Ported Cage with Internal Plug trim design is available with customized characteristics. The flow passing across the cage impinges on itself and so turbulence and throttling wear are dissipated in the centre of the valve and not on valve outlet. The valve is provided with spacer. Valve Trim is always fully-customized in order to perfectly comply to the given process conditions.
- Erosion Resistant Trim - Valve Trim in Solid Tungsten Carbide to provide the best erosion resistance
- Metal To Metal Sealing - Without soft parts it is improved sealing performance with any process fluid
- Position Indicator - AISI 316 SS Engraved Position Indicator available in Micrometric or Bean Size (1/64") scale
- Locking Device - Stem Locking device provides safe valve positioning and holding the set point
- No Threads In Valve Body - Trim Components are not Screwed in the Valve Body in order to facilitate disassembly
- Proprietary Stem Packing Design - QUAM experience have been put in a special Stem Packing design for Smooth Operation, long life service and low emissions
- Heavy Duty Thrust Bearings - High performance Thrusth Bearings allow less load on the handwheel and easy operation
- Exceed PR-2 Requirements - Multistage Choke Valves -D/M Series performance exceed API-6A PR-2 requirements
- Exceptional Flow Control - Valve Trim is designed to perform an accurate Flow Control thanks to a variable number of pressure reduction stages
- Customized End To End Dimensions - The possibility to customize end to end dimensions allow the users an easy repalcement without pipeworks
- Heavy Duty Construction - Valve is specially designed to improve reliability, Italian origin of Forging materials is the guarantee of Valve quality
- Easy & Safe Maintenance - Special considerations in design are made to permit a safe disassembly of the pressure containing components
- No Special Tools - Multistage Choke Valves -D/M Series disassembly can be executed without any Special Tool, only Standard Wrenches are requested
- 100% ITALIAN MANUFACTURING - QUAM Valves are Engineered and Manufactured entirely in Italy
|Valve Action||Clockwise to Reduce Flow|
|Operated||Manual complete with Handwheel / Gearbox or Hydraulic/ Pneumatic/ Electric Actuated|
|Valve Size Range||API-6A From 1 13/16" through 11"
ANSI From 2" through 12"
|Valve Pressure Ratings||API-6A From 2.000 through 20.000 PSI
ANSI From 150 through 2500 lbs
|Valve Connections||Flanged, Studded, Buttweld, Hub or Customized Connections|
|Operating Media||Oil, Natural Gas, Water and any combination of them|
|Operating Temperature||-60° C to +250° C|
|Shut-off Class||ANSI/FCI Class IV as standard
Class V & VI available on request